Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Door to Door Solicitation

In an earlier post or two I've showed you this picture of our front door.
Noel and I like this door quite a bit. However, we noticed one big challenge with it... it's 8 feet tall, and there's no peep hole. I know that its easy enough to add in a peep hole to a door, though. But over dinner one night at her parents house, Noel's folks said, "Well at least you like your door, we don't care much for ours."
Noel and I, by the way, think that they're door is beautiful! It has a nice ornate oval glass pattern on it. I guess my in-laws prefer to have square or rectangular glass patterns. They were planning on buying a new door, to their liking, once they closed on the house.
My clever wife suggests, "Why don't we switch doors then? Ours has the fan pattern on top, but still plenty of room to add in square/rectangle glass patterns. And modifying the door would be less expensive than buying a new one."
And so it is. I called up Mike, the foreman, and asked him if he could switch the front doors. Not a problem... especially considering that there is only one lot between the two houses. Below is the picture of our new door (my in-laws old door).
Thanks Vito and Anna! We love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the switcharoo of the doors!! and I loved reading your blog! Glad to partake in your journey of your first home buying experience! I will wait patiently for the next update!