Saturday, June 2, 2007

What Goes Around...

A number of weeks ago, I put up a post about how my father-in-law was able to finagle a free garage door opener for our new home. I am very pleased to report that I was finally able to repay this great deed!

I've also recently posted that my in-laws have purchased the house 2 doors down from us. Like ours, their new home is an inventory home, and there were no features that they were able to choose or modify. And also like our home, theirs was not being built with an automatic garage door opener.

Now my story can't be as good as Vito's (but then again, I still don't know how he did it), but I asked Sabrina, our friendly KB Sales lady, if Noel and I would get any kind of 'finders fee' for bringing her another customer.

And very politely she told us, "No."

With a big grin I respond, "Really? Nothing? Maybe we should take them else-where." Of course I was being facetious.

Sabrina smiles again and politely says, "Sorry."

I respond with, "Tell you what, in lieu of our finder's fee, why don't you just put an automatic garage door opener in their garage? We'll call it even." This was said in complete jest.

Sabrina smiles and says, "OK. I can do that."

True story.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Great story -- and the photos in the earlier blog look terrific.... it looks like a real house!! :)