Sunday, May 20, 2007

There goes the neighborhood!

There are some really neat features about our new community. I've added a link to the sidebar on the left to the community's website. Stevens Plantation is the development, and Magnolia Green is the sub-development. Stevens Plantation boasts access to a beautiful public park, St. Cloud Elementary school, a corporate office park and (coming soon) a small shopping plaza.

But I think what might be the nicest feature of the community is the people. On Saturday my in-laws purchased the home being built 2 lots down from us! Noel and I are very excited to have her parents livnig so close! I just feel bad for the owner of the home between ours. :)

Here's a photo of the home site map. Noel and I own lot 94, and her parents have purchased lot 92.



Their house is 2,700+ sq feet and is a 3/3 with a den and a gourmet kitchen.

I know most people wouldn't be as excited as I am to have their in-laws moving in so close. But Noel and I discussed how wonderful it will be... and we also set the rule that they must call before coming over. Of course, we're the kids, so we can show up unannounced any time we want!

To give you an idea of just how close the homes are, here's a (bad) panoramic shot from my digital camera to show both homes. Ours is on the left, theirs is on the right.



And, yes, we now have roof trusses and interior wall framing. Here's a few more photos of the house Noel and I purchased and how it looks this weekend:
(Interior walls being framed. View from rear window.)
(Interior framing. View from garage.)
(Exterior shot. Day. A slow helicopter shot moves into the swamp to find a frog playing a banjo while sitting on a log...)

3 comments:

Jane said...

Wow - just can't believe how quickly these homes go up!! Can't wait to see it.

Ben said...

Looking good. A few more days, and you can start moving your stuff in, right?

Jeremy and Noel said...

Note: The guy inside does not come with the house.
-Noel