Tuesday, May 15, 2007

White Weeds (and more)

Noel and I have stopped by the home site to visit each weekend. Two weeks ago, we saw this as we approached the lot:



Noel exclaims, "Look! We've got white weeds growing out of the ground!" We were both very excited to see that the pvc pipes were all in place!


Of course, when you see the outline of the house laid out in front of you for the first time, 2,100 square feet looks very small. But there is no frame of reference, other than the vast sky and large conservation areas around us.

We received a call this past Wednesday from Sabrina to inform us that they had poured the slab that day. Noel and I didn't get a chance to head out there and visit until Sunday. When we arrived on Sunday, we saw that much more than the slab was in place:

The 9' block walls are all in place! Even the covered lanai is in place:
Below is the view from inside the house towards the garage.


It still looks small. Having been inside so many empty apartments before, I know that looks can be deceiving. I'm sure there will be PLENTY of space for all the cats and stuff we have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying watching the progress. Thrilled for you guys.

Ethan said...

Looks good, guys. Takes me back to when Susannah and I did this. Exciting times.

Jane said...

How quickly it all moves along!!