Sunday, July 15, 2007

Block Party? No, No, No... We Were Framed!


This is our (new) plot of land. I know what you are thinking... how could they possibly change in that gorgeous home for a piece of dirt. Easy! Less to clean! But then you have the whole, 'how do I know if dirt is clean cunundrum!' This is going to be a very gorgeous home, too... with much more to offer Noel and me, and all of our guests!



This photo was taken on July 7th, just 3 days after the previous photo. I've marked the spot where I was standing when I took this photo. The plan is to continue to take photos from this same exact spot. I hope that someone much more talented than I can help me organize those photos into an online slideshow to illustrate a 'time-elapsed' type construction show.



This photo, too, was taken from the same spot. This was taken today, July 15th. It doesn't take long to get to framing, huh? The house has some really awesome features that you can already start to see. The front door area has a nice porch (where the ladders are stacked just to the left of the door). It has a side entry garage, entering on the right side of the front door, as you face it.



This, too, was taken today. This is the back of the home. There's a 10x10 covered patio. We plan on building the typical Florida screen room off the back of the house. But that's much later...



Standing in the front door, you can see the half wall. On this side of the half wall will be the formal Dining room and Living room. On the other side is the Family room. That's where we'll put the nice Lazy Boy sofas and the big screen TV!



Standing in the aforementioned Family Room, you can see back to the Nook and Kitchen. Nice big space. You can tell from the half hieght wall that the Kitchen counters will wrap all the way around. The Kitchen will be a gourmet kitchen, which I think just means it has different appliances.

I apologize for the delay in posting, but I think this whopper of a post makes up for it! And this is how it all is today!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Looks great... can't believe how quickly these houses start looking like homes!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting to see the changes and they happen so quickly!