Monday, July 23, 2007

Lofty Ambitions

Another weekend has come and gone, which mean Noel and I made another trip out to St. Cloud to see the progress on our new home. Here's what we saw on Saturday morning:



It almost seems like KB is woking on getting this home up even faster than the previous one we purchased. That's great, too!

The framework is almost complete on the interior. This week they even had the stairs installed, so we could go up there and grab some pictures.


This is the loft area. The half wall is the bannister around the stairs. It will really open up this (already) large space. Noel and I spend lots of time trying to figure out what furniture we can put up here!


This is the view from the loft of the Master Bedroom. There will be a set of double doors that lead into he Master Suite. Very nice!

I think, though, the coolest part about having stairs is that we get a small closet area underneath them. Noel and I have taken to calling this space the 'Harry Potter Room,' since this would be the space at 4 Privet Drive where the boy lived.

Speaking of Harry Potter, I finished Book 7 this weekend. Couldn't believe that the two characters Rowling killed off were Spiderman and Optimus Prime! I didn't think you were allowed to kill off characters that didn't belong to you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spiderman and Optimis Prime... Oh no you shouldn't have said that you spoiled the whole book.. HAHA just kidding already finished it as well. House looks great lots of progress!

Jane said...

I'm loving the photos ..and I'm starting the book today!! Cute posting. Your brothers may have some thought on the phone situation.

Anonymous said...

The photos of the house in progress are fantastic!!! I LOVE the idea of naming the space under the stairs the Harry potter room!!! Glad to hear that you finished the HP book. I did not get my copy yet! soon though!!!